In your pursuit of of achieving your health and fitness goals in 2019, some of you will go at it alone whilst others will think about getting a personal trainer.
Hiring a coach is an investment and one that most don’t put a lot of thought into and certainly a luxury.
Many of you think you’re hiring someone to help you work out, however personal training is a lot more than that. You should be receiving a lot more for the money that you are spending.
Just a heads up we have improved 1000% over time but that’s the key we have improved our service and getting results is guaranteed.
What we see all too often nowadays, is personal trainers charging for a service that they don't deserve. They're winging it when their client turns up for a training session, so basically, they aren't even using a programme.
Their client is told a few nutrition tips at the beginning, and months down the line nothing has been reviewed or changed.
The assessment at the start is nothing more than a step on the scales at the beginning, and then sporadic checks to see if anything is happening.
As someone who is making an investment, you have the right to expect a high quality service. Especially if your hiring for a specific goal, not many people hire their trainer for a social and to waste money.
Here are some key things you should expect as a minimum:
1. A full assessment. Full stat check ( Body fat, muscle mass etc and measurements ) flexibility, mobility, current exercise ability, health questionnaire and dietary review.
2. A personalised nutrition plan, as we know 80% of the way you look goes into what you eat so is imperative to getting results.
3. A strength training and cardio programme: Not just a workout to follow for the day you're with your trainer, but a weekly plan where you know what you're doing every day. You should also be required to record your workouts away from the sessions with your trainer. This way he/she can see if you're making progress whilst you're on your own.
4. A new strength training and cardio programme: For some who are still making progress, it may run into the 5th or 6th week, but you must be given new programmes to challenge your body and to allow you to make progress. You should not be getting bored on a programme that's getting results - you get bored because you're not seeing any results! If the workouts change every week you won’t master the exercises and certainly won’t see improvement in weight, sets, reps, etc
5. Weekly or 2 weeks stat checks to make sure your heading towards your goal.
6. Photographs. Although not compulsory we highly recommend all clients take starting pictures and then periodically, seeing is believing and a picture is one of the most motivating tools we have.
7. Communication: This is one of the biggest areas for me. If your trainer doesn't communicate with you between sessions, and expects to just chat for the first 10-20 minutes to see how you're getting on, you're not getting value for your training time. I remain in contact with my clients through the week even daily especially with new clients.
8. Education: Your trainer should be teaching you what you are going through. A key to lasting change is learning as you go along.
The fact we can do this as part of a group at a 1/3 of the cost is a bonus 👌🏻